This super simple, gut-friendly recipe is just in time for the New Year! I am confident that you will enjoy and appreciate these delicious breakfast hotcakes as much as my family and I do.
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup carbonated spring water (Perrier in glass bottles is what I recommend but any will do)
- 2 ½ to 3 cups of extra fine almond flour (may need to add some or use less to reach desired consistency). Batter should be somewhat thick but still thin enough to spread out into a palm sized or a bit larger pancake in the pan. If it becomes too thick, simply add a bit more carbonated water.
- 4 generous tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of honey (or less if you prefer a less sweet flavor)
- 2 full/ripe bananas (the bananas should mash easily)
- sliced organic strawberries or some other dark berry for topping (optional but highly recommended)
- Coconut oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients in a countertop mixer or with a hand-held mixer until batter is smooth.
- Fry up in a pan with PLENTY of coconut oil to prevent from sticking!
- Top cooked pancakes with organic, grass-fed butter or organic ghee and a bit of raw, organic honey.
- While you are cooking fresh pancakes, it is best to the keep others in the oven on low so they stay warm.
Note: Flipping these can be a bit tricky at first. It is important to use enough oil, tip pan from side to side to allow oil to flow underneath and around pancake, and allow them to brown up on one side before flipping or else they will break when you try to flip them.
Wishing you vibrant health, renewed vitality, peace of mind, and joy in 2017!